terms and condition for employee
Responsibilities & Expectations
Achieving our goal of being an innovative energy efficient/renewable product & service provider can’t be achieved without us coming together and working as a team. This is our way of saying that Project Management is a team that sometimes will be asked to get involved with work outside of your written job description.
At L.o.T. we take seriously our responsibility to carry out our business activities in a way which is sustainable, enabling us to meet our business objectives while helping our planet. We encourage every employee to do their bit by:
- Taking responsibility for the efficient use of resources in their daily work activities, in order to reduce and/or eliminate unnecessary usage as much as possible without adversely affecting the business.
- Supporting and implementing any L.o.T. approved initiatives regarding sustainability, energy management, charitable fundraising, positive people practices, etc.
- We strive to have the finest ambassadors of Lighting of Tomorrow at all times.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The role of the project manager/technciain encompasses many activities including but not limited to:
- Ensure all team members under their supervision understand and are inspired to work towards the company’s vision to become an efficient and renewable energy provider.
- Ensure all employees understand and are engaged by what makes the Company special and are able to articulate this clearly to clients.
- Perform general lighting inspections to determine the best options for our customers.
- Transport materials, equipment or replacement parts to job site.
- Keep up with knowledge of and/or ability to learn to use materials, methods/principles and tool specific to the needs of the Lighting Specialist industry.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings, blueprints and/or schematics.
- Maintain knowledge of applicable building codes, regulations or ordinances for our industry.
- Ability to work in safe and efficient manner.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions, ability to read and write in English and possess good math skills, ability to use a computer, ability to efficiently use communication tools such as email, messaging, skype, slack, etc.
Responsibilities & Expectations
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: (1) year sales experience or equivalent school experience in similar field. Valid driver’s license, with clean record.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Sitting, standing, walking, climbing off and on equipment, squatting/ kneeling, reaching, grasping, pushing/pulling, twisting/bending, lifting/carrying up to 50 lbs. multiple times per shift.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Equal amounts of time spent indoors and outdoors with possible exposure to extreme hot or cold temperatures for one hour plus. Possible exposure to distracting/uncomfortable noise levels and vibration of body or extremities. Risk of bodily injury from mechanical parts, electricity, etc. Possible exposure to fumes, odors, etc., that may affect respiration and skin. May work in confined spaces and all types of weather. May work with electricity, steam, dangerous chemicals and gases.
The intent of this job specification is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this specification. A person with a disability who is pursuing employment opportunities with L.O.T. and wishes to discuss minimum requirement accommodations should ask for these requirements.
I certify that the statements made by me on this application are true and complete to the best of my knowledge. I understand that if I knowingly make any misstatement of fact, I am subject to disqualification and dismissal and to such other penalties as may be prescribed by law or personnel regulations. All statements made on this application, including employment information, are subject to verification as a condition of employment.
I understand that any employment is conditioned on a background check. I authorized the Company to thoroughly investigate all statements contained in my application or resume, and I authorize my former employers and references to disclose information regarding my former employment, character and general reputation to the Company, without giving me prior notice of such disclosure.
In addition, I release the Company, any former employers and all references listed above from any and all claims, demands, or liabilities arising out of or related to such investigation or disclosure. I understand and agree that nothing contained in this application, or conveyed during any interview, is intended to create an employment contract. I further understand and agree that if I am hired, my employment will be “At Will“ and without fixed term, and may be terminated at any time, with or without cause and without prior notice, at the option of either myself or Lighting of Tomorrow, LLC. No promises regarding employment have been made to me, and I understand that no such promise or guarantee is binding upon Lighting of Tomorrow, llc. unless made in writing.
If I am offered employment I agree to submit to a medical examination and drug test before starting work. If employed, I also agree to submit to a medical examination or drug test at any time deemed appropriate Lighting of Tomorrow, llc. and as permitted by law. I consent to such examinations and tests, and I request that the examining doctor disclose to Lighting of Tomorrow, Inc the results of the examination, which results shall remain confidential and segregated from my personnel life. I understand that my employment or continued employment, to the extent permitted by law, is contingent upon satisfactory medical examinations and drug test, and if I am hired a condition of my employment will be that I abide by the Company’s Drug and Alcohol Policy. I understand that filling out this form does not indicate there is a position open and does not obligate the Company to hire. If hired, I agree to abide by all Company work rules and regulations, policies and procedures. Lighting of Tomorrow ,llc retains the right to revise its policies or procedures, in whole or in part, at any time.